A Malayalam actress was abducted from her moving by unknown men on the falling night of February 19, 2017, and later was abandoned at a lonely place by the men. The actress went ahead and filed a complaint after which the police started investigating the case. After few days, the police figured out that Pulsar Suni was the main man behind the act and initiated a manhunt against him. However, Suni surrendered himself at a court in Kochi but the cops arrested even before he could enter the magistrate’s cabin and portrayed that the police had nabbed him. The case has taken many twists and turns since then and many top actors in the Malayalam film industry have been dragged into it. One such actor is Dileep who was dragged into this controversy and rumours also floated that cops had questioned him regarding the case. The actor did not respond to any of these allegations in public and chose to stay silent on this topic.
Finally, he speaks out on the issue after the release of his latest film Georgettan’s Pooram. The actor gave a video interview and spoke at length about all the rumours that were doing rounds.
When asked about the allegations of kidnapping the actress, Dileep said, “The news came as a real shock, and I even felt like ending my life. I first worked with her in Thilakam, in which she did a cameo role. I had suggested her name for my next few movies. However, due to some incidents, I decided not to work with her anymore.”
He also says that he was being targeted and being blamed for things which he doesn’t even have an idea about. “Recently, a magazine had claimed a superstar is plotting against her for personal reasons. You can ask any actor in Malayalam if I have asked them to block her in their movies. Besides, I have no hold in Tamil, Kannada and Telugu,” says the actor.
The actor added that his family and friends had asked him to respond to all the allegations but he chose to stay silent because none of the reports or news articles had taken his name but kept saying a top Malayalam actor. “Though many asked me to respond, I remained silent as the article didn’t take my name. When I heard the news of the abduction, I called up her mother and offered my full support. But two days later, I realised I was being targeted over the incident,” said Dileep.
He also added, “I saw an article saying police had questioned me in connection with the case when I was in Ramada for the shooting of Ramaleela. Next day, I was shocked to see many popular newspapers carrying the news on the front page based on a piece by an yellow journalist.”
Dileep requested the audience and the media not to target his personal life and wants to be given some privacy. Dileep is currently working on Ramaleela which is scheduled to be released in July 2017.