Actor Suriya celebrates his 43rd birthday on July 23 and fans can’t keep calm. Suriya Sivakumar, as we all know is the most loved and stylish actor of Tamil film industry. The fans just can’t keep calm and have been pouring birthday wishes for the actor on social media. The actor has earned huge fan following with his powerful performances on the big screen with hit films like Khakka Khakka, Singam, Ghajini among many.
Well, today on his birthday, let’s take a look at the top lesser known facts about the stylish superstar:
1. The son of veteran actor Sivakumar, Suriya was born in Chennai in 1975 as Saravanan Sivakumar. It’s Mani Ratnam, who changed his name from Saravanan to Suriya.
2. After working in a garments export company during his formative years, he finally made his big screen debut with director Vasanth’s ‘Nerrukku Ner’. Yes, he worked at a garment factory for six months without telling anyone about his celebrity family background.
3. Little does anyone know, Suriya’s bought a saree for his mom from his first salary of Rs 1000.
4. In the years followed, he established himself as a force to be reckoned with thanks to his gripping performances in films such as ‘Ghajini’, ‘Vaaranam Aayiram’ and ‘Singam’.
In 2010, he ventured into Hindi cinema with ‘Rakta Charitra’ and added a new dimension to his career, directed by RGV.
5. Apart from acting, the star has also tried his hands at film production and playback singing. He has named his production house 2D Entertainment- first initials of his kids Diya and Dev.
6. After several years of courtship, Suriya married his co-star of seven films Jyothika in 2006. They were blessed with a daughter in 2007. Thereafter, in 2010, they became parents again following the birth of their son Dev.
7. Suriya believes in charity and social media. In fact, he has his own organization name Agaram Foundation, which help to educate poor kids.
8. Did you know he had dubbed Bollywood actor Abhishek Bachchan’s voice for film Guru?
Here’s team Pinkvilla wishing Suriya a very happy birthday!