Actor Napoleon is all set to make his Hollywood debut with the film ‘Devil’s Night: Dawn Of The Nain Rouge’. Said to be based on true events, this film will be directed by Sam Logan Khalegi, who has an Emmy nomination to his credit. Another Tamil popular actor, Devan Ekambaram will also be a part of this film. This supernatural film will also mark the debut of rapper Eminem’s brother Nathan Mathers. Napoleon, who was last seen in the Tamil movie ‘Chennaiyil Oru Naal 2’ has completed shooting some portions of the film in October. Still, want to know more about the actor? Then here are some facts about this star.
1. Napoleon made his debut in the year 1991 in popular director, P. Bharathiraja’s rural film ‘Pudhu Nellu Pudhu Naathu’.
2. Napoleon went on to do over 100 films in four languages including Tamil, Hindi, Kannada, and Telugu.
3. After witnessing astounding success with films, Napoleon went on to make a mark in politics. Napoleon contested the State Assembly elections of 2001 and soon became a Member of the Legislative Assembly of Tamil Nadu.
4. Napoleon’s first inclination towards politics came soon after he finished college and developed an admiration for the ideologies of Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK).
5. He even became the Minister of State for Social Justice and Empowerment in Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s Cabinet.
6. He decided to put a break to his film career and moved to the United States to live his family.
7. During his time in the United States, he expanded the reach of his IT company called Jeevan Technologies.
8. The main reason he decided to move to the United States was for his son’s welfare. His son is diagnosed with muscular dystrophy and said that the United States helped him lead a normal life.
9. However, his 6-year break from his film and political career came to a halt when he made a comeback in the Tamil film Kidaari starring Sasikumar in the lead.
10. The actor’s decision to star in a Hollywood film comes upon the insistence of his friend, who is also the producer of this film