As earlier we reported, the Film Employees Federation of South India (FEFSI) demanded that the shooting of the reality show, Bigg Boss Tamil 2 be stopped. The show, which is being hosted by star host Kamal Haasan, ran into trouble after the majority of the crew members on the sets were appointed from Mumbai. Well, finally the face-off between Bigg Boss Tamil makers and FEFSI has finally come to an end. At a recent press meet, the FEFSI group discussed the matter and how they got down to agreement without involving show host Kamal Haasan in the matter.
Meeting the press on Sunday, RK Selvamani, the president of FEFSI, said, “In the case of Bigg Boss Tamil, the channel has signed up the production house on contract to provide content. The issue cropped up because we did not have clear communication between us. Khushbu, who heads the Chinnathirai Thayarippalargal Sangam, had been out of country when the issue cropped up first. But upon her return, she called me to check what the issue was. We told them that we had entered into an agreement earlier and we only wanted them to follow it. Within 24 hours, she brought all the parties on board for a dialogue. We have now come to a mutual agreement on how many of our people should work on the project. Following this, we have agreed to continue our support to the show.”
Selvamani further said, “We have structured the number of our craftsmen who have to work on our show. They should definitely have members from seven of our 23 unions. And they can have members from the other unions according to need. The number of workmen depends on the nature of the shoot. On one day, it might be 200, and on another 100. Like when they are shooting Kamal sir’s episodes, they might need 400 people on the crew, and on that day, they should have 200 of our members.”