Thalapathy Vijay, one of the most popular stars of the Tamil industry celebrates his 44th birthday today. Known for his amazing dancing skills, Vijay has always won the hearts of the audience with his powerful performances on the big screen. With each passing film, the superstar has only earned huge and loyal fans.
Thalapathy Vijay went through many ups and downs before he became an established actor of the Tamil cinema. And then, some of his films took his popularity to another level. As Vijay celebrates his birthday today; here’s a look at his stardom journey from Ilayathalapathy Vijay to Thalapathy Joseph Vijay.
1. Vijay made his debut as a lead actor with his father SA Chandrasekhar’s 1992 directorial Naalaiya Theerpu.
2. In 1994, the actor was credited as ‘Ilayathalapathy’ again a film directed by his father SAC. In initial years of his career, he tasted some success and failures.
3. The first successful film was Vishnu, again helmed by his father SA Chandrasekhar, and then Vikraman’s Poove Unakkaga. Poove Unakkaga was a huge success and this was the turning point of his career.
4. He gave back to back hits since. Once More with Sivaji Ganesan, Nerukku Ner with Suriya were among his many hits. He started working on himself with every new film. He explored his acting skills in every genre.
5. He had five back-to-back successes — Kushi, Priyamanavale, Friends, Badri and Shahjahan. He dominated Box Office like a boss.
6. His career witnessed a huge shock when his 50th Sura turned out to be a massive dud. But he knew, how to handle his failure.
7. The new phase of his career started again Kavalan, another successful remake. Few hits and misses, he knew how to make his own way to the dipping career.
8. Mersal saw Vijay back to Box Office hold. He went back from Ilayathalapathy Vijay to Thalapathy Joseph Vijay