A major fire broke out at Annapurna Studios, owned by the Akkineni family, in Hyderabad late in the evening which caused a lot of damage to numerous sets erected at the 22-acre studio. Reports reveal that the fire accident was a major one and is said to have gutted a lot of properties in the studio including the beautiful house built of thee film ‘Manam’ which starred the three Akkineni generations – Akkineni Nageswar Rao, Akkineni Nagarjuna and Akkineni Naga Chaitanya. Latest reports also reveal that another set built for Mega Star Chiranjeevi’s ‘Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy’ is also said to have damaged and has been completely gutted.
The Akkineni family hasn’t come out with an official statement regarding the fire accident and the cause of it but reports reveal that the fire may have broken out because of electrical short circuit. The fire is said to have broken out around 5:30 PM and for fire extinguishers from nearby areas rushed to the spot to dose off the fire but the damage had already happened.
Nagarjuna’s younger son, Akhil Akkineni, tweeted about the fire and said the situation was under control. “Unfortunately there was a fire accident in Annapurna studios this evening. Fortunately it was contained and no one was injured. Thank god,” wrote Akhil Akkineni on his Twitter page.
Watch the video here:
Fire at #AnnapurnaStudios; five sets reportedly gutted; media crew arrived even before fire engines but management/ actor nagarjuna says it is private property, so no access pic.twitter.com/UCQSOGmJzV
— Uma Sudhir (@umasudhir) November 13, 2017
Unfortunately there was a fire accident in Annapurna studios this evening. Fortunately it was contained and no one was injured. Thank god
— Akhil Akkineni (@AkhilAkkineni8) November 13, 2017